Hillsborough County is a county located in the west central portion of the U.S. state of Florida. In the 2010 census, the population was 1,229,226, making it the fourth-most populous county in Florida and the most populous county outside the Miami metropolitan area.
The IT Asset Management Administrator will provide centralized administration of all BOCC departmental IT end-user hardware purchases, conduct internal auditing, and maintain a hardware asset management tool to track assets throughout its life-cycle. This position reports to the Technical Support Desk Manager. Problems faced are difficult and often complex. This position will be supervising, reviewing and delegating work to lower level professionals.
- Possession of an ITIL Foundations Certification and related experience
- Possession of Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional (CHAMP) or similar certification
- Experience with ServiceNow or a similar Enterprise ITSM platform
- Experience with a Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Experience developing and maintaining processes for managing and tracking IT Asset related Configuration Items (CIs) from procurement to retirement
- Experience with the creation of purchase orders
- Working directly with departments under the BOCC to maintain a seamless transition from the creation of purchase requests, delivery of hardware assets, to the retirement of end of life assets.
- Developing, maintaining, and updating asset management processes, policies, and procedures for effective management of the CIs lift cycle (e. g. acquisition, deployment, utilization, de-installation, reallocation, and disposal).
- Managing models, model categories, assets, and configuration items (CIs) within the Hardware Asset Management platform. Maintaining the accuracy of CIs in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Implement and administer IT Asset Management systems and associated work flows. Manage IT Asset Management related projects.
- Receiving new equipment. Auditing, validating, and reconciling hardware assets against the hardware asset database.
- Defining metrics, collecting data, and reporting on the effectiveness of the IT hardware asset management processes.
- Managing the Clerk of the Circuit Court yearly capital asset inventory audit. Verifying financial data (e.g. asset values, depreciation, and monitoring and reconciling changes in inventory.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key decision makers, peers, vendors and department’s liaisons to understand their business objectives and practices, and ensure effective coordination in the delivery of asset management services to those clients.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in information technology or related engineering field; and
- Three (3) or more years of experience in an IT hardware asset management role; or
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job related competencies.