Rayonier Advanced Materials is a global leader of cellulose-based technologies, including high purity cellulose specialties, a natural polymer commonly found in filters, food, pharmaceuticals and other industrial applications. The Company also manufactures products for lumber, paper and packaging markets. With manufacturing operations in the U.S., Canada and France, Rayonier Advanced Materials employs approximately 4,000 people and generates approximately $1.8 billion of revenues.
The Programmer Analyst – Applications provides support for multiple business and process information systems in the IT portfolio of systems. This includes back-office, operational, user and development support, to all users of the systems including division management. This position resolves system issues, maintains system software and applications documentation, provides necessary training, writes scripts and performs system tests, supports field equipment and directs internal and external personnel in correcting identified system issues.
This position may also assist in release management of various applications and software analysis of business processes within Rayonier Advanced Materials to determine applicability of system functionality. This person may work with other development staff to ensure that appropriate technical solutions are developed, tested, documented, and implemented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolve system processing issues on a timely basis. Respond to Applications issues and recommend system improvements and follow up with users and other IT personnel until issues are resolved.
- Maintain business and “process information systems” including configuration, code management, programming, scheduled jobs, SQL and Web reports, test plans, documentation and assist other IT personnel in support of technical issues.
- Programming – Coordinate revisions to software and set priorities for completion, test changes to systems, and deploy application changes to production.
- Knowledge of System Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of projects and Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Experience in Database Skills in objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, Triggers, SQL Joins Statements, User Defined Functions and system interfaces.
- Design of SSIS packages to migrate data from multiple data sources and load data into Data warehouse.
- Develop and Enhance the performance of various SQL scripts and creating Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Testing – Write test plans and assist other developers with system testing as part of the release management process. Mentors less experienced members of the support team in developing thorough test plans.
- Training – Develops training plans. Provide training to system users on specialized IT systems as well as on Microsoft office systems, if necessary.
- Release management – Participate in all stages of release management of IT business and process information systems to ensure that systems and documentation are maintainable and meet life cycle process standards established by management.
- Provide system support and assistance in all areas related to information technology while resolving issues with direct guidance.
- Assists in developing transition plans for moving older and newly developed systems from the development team to the customer support team.
- Assists in developing plans for retiring existing systems and transitioning to new systems.
- Preventative maintenance on business systems.
- Monitor the progress of assigned tasks to ensure timelines are met in a ticketing system.
- Participate in on-call rotation for afterhours P1 issues resolution.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate college degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of related experience in information Systems development and/or support. Some experience should be in Applications support, problem solving, or maintenance of IT environment.
- Experience in SQL Stored Procedures and SSRS Reports is required, with experience in C++, C# and Power Shell programming skills preferred.
- Exposure to EDI
- College or internship experience acceptable.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft applications and experience with automated Workflow systems.
- Strong knowledge of business principles. Excellent knowledge of computer systems and IT life cycle development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of business unit.