We started in 1944 as a single office in Jacksonville, Florida offering affordable health plans to Floridians. 75 years later, we’ve evolved into an integrated health solutions company serving millions of people across the nation each year.
In early 2014, GuideWell was introduced to the marketplace as a not-for-profit mutual holding corporation with a family of companies offering a broad range of health solutions to businesses and consumers that help people and communities achieve better health. The five operating companies of GuideWell include: Florida Blue, GuideWell Health, GuideWell Connect, GuideWell Source and PopHealthCare.
Through our family of forward-thinking companies, GuideWell now touches the lives of more than 27 million health care consumers across 34 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. With more than 12,000 employees across the nation, we are improving the cost, quality, and access of health care for our customers by applying our broad industry experience to reimagine and reshape the future of health. In this spirit, we collaborate with, support and create health companies with a broad range of health-related products and services that are integral and useful to today’s health care consumer.
IT Systems Engineers are responsible for monitoring, installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of technology solutions. IT Systems Engineers provide technical support, troubleshoot problem and perform scripting/programming to ensure stable and efficient operation of technology solutions..
Required Work Experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting technical infrastructure with focus on Microsoft messaging or collaboration technologies
- Required Education: Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience IT related field
Additional Required Qualifications
- Ability to be available 24×7 for On-Call when required (6-week rotation)
- Previous experience with most of the following technologies is critical: Agari DMARC/DKIM solution, Cisco IronPort, Cisco ESA/SMA, Faxination, Microsoft Data Protection Manager, Message One email continuity solution.
- Extensive infrastructure operational experience with Electronic Mail (Email) & messaging technologies. Microsoft Exchange, Email security tools, Fax to email technologies, etc… in a large, highly secure, complex multi-domain environment
- Experience implementing and administering/managing technical solutions in major, large-scale system implementations
- Demonstrate high level of understanding of internet sender verification tools & technologies such as Agari Phishing and Brand protect products, DKIM, DMARC & SPF
- Must be able to properly articulate hardware, software and networking requirements for servers and appliances to effectively work with provisioning to get new hardware provisioned as needed
- Must have a solid understanding of managing Windows Server OS and how it relates to application management for updates and ongoing security changes
- Ability to create technical documentation including detailed technical architecture diagrams, standard operating procedures, technical position papers, etc…
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Previous experience working in IT Security with mail or collaboration technologies a plus
- Knowledge of M365 and cloud-based email and security tools
- Experience analyzing business requirements and translating them into technical solutions.
- Experience using Agile methodology
The Skills You Bring:
- Performs installation, monitoring, testing, configuration, migration, maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned technology
- Leads development of policies, plans and schedules
- Manages system/application environment and ongoing operations
- Ensures that the technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise standards
- Researches, designs, implements and tests of technology solutions
- Proactively monitors and reports performance utilization of assigned technologies
- Troubleshoots software and/or hardware issues/failures
- Resolves alerts and perform remediation activities
- Manages problem or escalated tickets and tasks and out of cycle requests from systems/software owners
- Collects and presents data for reporting and planning
- Determines migration and upgrade impacts and diagnose/resolve complex technology/application errors
- Leads workgroups and initiatives with IT and business area partners
- Determines best course of action for meeting business needs and provides consultative expertise to customers on how to best use systems/infrastructure capabilities
- Proactively monitors and identifies broader, more complex issues across multiple, integrated, connecting technologies and communicate as appropriate
- Writes programming/scripting
- Contributes input into infrastructure architecture and ensures infrastructure architecture is implemented as intended. Ensures execution and alignment to architectural standards and blueprints.
General Physical Demands
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects. Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
- Incidental Driving