Florida is the southeasternmost U.S. state, with the Atlantic on one side and the Gulf of Mexico on the other. It has hundreds of miles of beaches. The city of Miami is known for its Latin-American cultural influences and notable arts scene, as well as its nightlife, especially in upscale South Beach. Orlando is famed for theme parks, including Walt Disney World.
This professional position is housed in the Office of Information Technology, Bureau of Infrastructure and Support. This position will be responsible for performing analytical and technical work to support Information Technology. This position will be required to respond to DOH work requests and liaison activities between DOH and the primary data centers.
Data Center Work Requests (DCWR)
- Service Requests – Submit tickets to the State Datacenter (SDC) for operation changes to services and equipment managed by the SDC and monitor work to completion. Create cost breakdowns for new builds and system upgrade changes and process with budget approval. Process firewall service request via approval flow.
- Incident Management – Work with SDC and DOH technical resources to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible and minimize the adverse effect on business operations within service-level agreement (SLA) limits.
- Change Process Owner – change control using standard methods and control processes, review all change requests for completeness and accuracy. Create work tickets to IT resources to prioritize work as needed to minimize disruption of services. Manage Change Control meetings which changes are represented and if all pre-requisites are satisfied, approve for implementation. Lead weekly Change Control meetings to notify agency IT resources of any potential service disruptions.
- Configuration Process Owner – review and monitor Configuration Management Database (CMDB) as changes occur to maintain accuracy. Modify and update change records based up changes to the environment. Work through the SDC portal to manage agency accounts, monitor SDC CMDB to verify accuracy for Agency resources.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of ITIL processes-incident change and configuration management; Familiarity and technical competence with Service Level Agreements management software and/or applicable systems; Solid working knowledge of current IT technologies; Excellent project management skills; Effective staff management and leadership skills; Ability to deal tactfully with employees and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of services; Customer service skills and orientation; Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; Conform to shifting priorities in service level strategies, demands, and timelines through sound analytical capabilities; Persuasive, encouraging, and diplomatic, with conflict resolution skills; Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources; Strong written and oral communication skills; Adept at conducting research into service-related issues, best practices, models, and methodologies; Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.