The University of North Florida is a public university in Jacksonville, Florida. It is part of the State University System of Florida and is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees.
In 2018, the University of North Florida (UNF) received the prestigious INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award, the only application-based national award for U.S. colleges and universities that exhibit an outstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion across their campuses. In addition, UNF ranked highest among the 80 HEED institutions and was also recognized as a 2018 Diversity Champion.
- The IT Security Analyst reports to the Assistant Director of IT Security, and is responsible for developing and/or supporting information security programs in support of University business processes. Essential job functions include but are not limited to the following: Audits systems to ensure data is accurate and up to date.
- Investigates alerts and follow established procedures to remediate conditions that do not follow approved policies and guidelines.
- Provides technical assistance and support for incoming information security queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Reviews violations of computer security procedures and discuss procedures with violators to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Manages user access to various third party and hosted applications.
- Work collaboratively with university staff to ensure program’s success.
- May interpret departmental policies for area of responsibility. During declared campus emergencies, this position may be required to perform specific job related duties at a designated off campus location or place of residence.
- Attends meetings of Information Technology Services staff; utilizes staff resources when situations require additional expertise. Serves on committees, task forces, and work groups that pertain to information security, as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a directly related area of specialization, or a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and one year related experience to the job function.