At Holiday Inn Club Vacations, we believe in strengthening families. And we look for people who exhibit the courage, caring and creativity to help us become the most loved brand in family travel. We’re committed to growing our people, memberships, resorts and guest love. That’s why we need individuals who are passionate in life and bring those qualities to work every day. Do you instill confidence, trust and respect in those around you? Do you encourage success and build relationships? If so, we’re looking for you.
The Security Engineer is an engineering/architect that requires hands-on expertise in the evaluation, architecture, design and implementation of various security technologies. They are responsible for aligning industry best security practices and technology solutions with business strategies while proactively identifying risks and remedial actions that apply to business processes. Security Engineers inform and advise on information system technologies, functionality, costs, benefits and implementation requirements. In addition to providing technical expertise, the Security Engineer consistently demonstrates strong leadership, initiative and communication skills while having a proven track record of being actively sought out by other team members for their technical advice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs evaluation, architecture, design, implementation and integration of security solutions that may include, but are not limited to: vulnerability management and remediation, host and network intrusion prevention solutions, anti-virus technologies, DLP capabilities, next generation firewalls, SIEM technologies, host forensics and malware analysis, web application firewalls and proxy solutions advanced threat detection capabilities, and network access control solutions.
- Performs technical project leadership tasks on select security projects including development of requirements, evaluation of competing products, selection and implementation of solutions.
- Serves as an active member of the incident response team and participates in security incident response efforts by having an in-depth knowledge of common security exploits, vulnerabilities and countermeasures; acts as a technical lead on information security incident investigations and forensic technical analyses
- Acts as a technical information security reviewer of requirements statements, feasibility analyses, conceptual designs, and other documents produced during the systems development process
- Provides expert advice into the conceptual design and execution of enterprise wide security. (Windows, UNIX, network, databases, web, cloud, etc.)
- Develops detailed proposals and plans for new information security systems that would augment the capabilities of, or enable new capabilities for HCV networks or shared information systems
- Perform network, application and various other technology design reviews, security risk assessments, requirements analysis and risk remediation planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- One or more of the following industry certifications is required: CISSP, CISM, or GIAC.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in an IT role focusing on information security.
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience being a technical lead for incidents of security breach, to include system intrusions and abuse.
- Over 7 years design, implementation and configuration experience with the following security products:
- Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Vulnerability Management, Encryption, Content Filtering
- Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, Forensic and Data Loss / Leakage tools
- Network Proxies (web, reverse)
- Encryption solutions (PKI, SSL, RSA, AES)
- Vulnerability scanning and penetration testing tools
- Web Application Scanning tools
- Secure Code Application Testing tools