Delray Beach is a small city on Florida’s southeast coast. The Pineapple Grove Arts District is dotted with public art and galleries. Nearby, Cornell Art Museum displays contemporary works. The lakeside Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens offers tea ceremonies, calligraphy workshops and serene outdoor spaces. Wakodahatchee Wetlands is a park featuring a raised boardwalk with views of birds, turtles and alligators.
- Create and maintain Citywide IT Network systems.
- Provides system design, architecture, and support for a Cisco and Dell environment that includes core route/switch, firewalls, security, and wireless.
- Serves as subject matter expert in firewalls, traffic load balancing, remote access solutions, Wi-Fi and broadband technologies.
- Develops and maintains Enterprise system monitoring and management tools such as Solarwinds, Splunk, Wireshark, Cisco Ironport, Bluecat Proteus, Cisco ISE, , Cisco DNA, Dell OpenManager, Cisco FP Modules, Cisco ASA, FortiNet, CheckPoint, Palo Alto and Aruba Clearpass.
- Utilizes commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: Firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security and VPN
- Assist in routine system and network management tasks including: Change Management; System Updates and Patch Management; Penetration Detection and Storage Management.
- Respond to Network related tickets escalated from various departments and work collaboratively across multiple teams to communicate and manage expectations during the resolution of the issue.
- Responsible for planning and designing the Unified Communications infrastructure and enterprise voice solutions to include, troubleshooting, installing, implementing, and administering voice systems and providing Tier III support. Assesses voice systems performance to ensure that it meets present and future needs of the business and provides voice systems planning recommendations to management
- Develops and tests business continuity plans for all critical network communication systems.
- Designs technical solutions and coordinates system build activities for voice/data connectivity and configures related network routers, switches, voice gateways, thin clients, servers, and other equipment.
- Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Run diagnostics and determine possible hardware problems and repairs. Follow established problem determination procedures in performing hardware problem analysis.
- Works closely with management in developing procurement requirements and service contracts by providing technical support during contract bidding, negotiation, and award processes.
- Adheres to ITIL and ITSM practices.
- Remains current on technology and training pertaining to this position.
- Participate in the team’s on-call support rotation.
- Mentor / cross-train team members on existing and new/emerging technologies.
- May assist all IT staff positions.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and trust along with the ability to work independently on complex technical issues.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to make recommendations that help achieve business and functional goals while meeting security requirements.
- Assists IT Director in assessing technological risks.
- Perform all functions and responsibilities according to the Palm Beach County Code of Ethics and Florida State Statutes 112.313.
- Fosters positive employee relations and employee morale on a City-wide basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in IT network infrastructure, design, operations, and information assurance.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques.
Certification in at least two of the following:
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Security (CCNP Security), ITIL 4 Foundation or equivalent certifications within twelve (12) months of hire.
The abilities expected of all employees include being able to respond to supervision, guidance and direction of superiors in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies, be appropriately groomed and attired so as to present a professional image in accordance with the organization’s mission, goals, and policies; report for work promptly and properly prepared at the time and place required by the assignment or orders; notify the appropriate supervisor of intended absences in accordance with stated rules; conform with standards and rules regarding use of accrued time; demonstrate a polite, helpful and courteous manner when engaged in any activity with the public; operate and care for equipment to manufacturer’s specifications and/or within the specified parameters; demonstrate an understanding, consideration, and respect of cultural, religious, and gender differences when interacting with the public and colleagues.
A comparable combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position, may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.