Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Following are the key Qualifications needed for this role:
- Experience in architecture, infrastructure, applications, systems design and integration
- Clear understanding of object oriented development
- Strong development experience with Java 8, Spring framework, REST API’s and Linux
- Prior experience building out Enterprise grade platforms that can scale and perform at best in class economics
- Experience in developing frameworks using Open Source Technologies and promoting code reuse across the enterprise is a plus
- The ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- Proven track record to lead problem analysis and resolution
- Hands on expertise in performance optimization of distributed systems
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering is a plus, or equivalent work experience