Seeking an opportunity to start a new career or enhance your professional development? Envision success in Florida. Join our talented workforce to fulfill your professional goals and achieve a meaningful career. Our talented public servants work hard to serve more than 20 million residents across Florida, and you, too, can realize success in the Sunshine State.
Working in Florida’s state government means being responsive to the issues impacting the taxpayers of our state. Florida’s state government boasts both fast-paced work environments in which critical thinking and creative problem-solving are a must as well as steady employment opportunities that prize consistent service to our state’s residents. In some positions, state employment means being able to influence policy decisions and help implement change. In others, state employment means being the reliable resource that our taxpayers have come to expect from Florida’s public servants. All positions offer the ability to gain valuable experience quickly, improving your overall skillset. The State of Florida is seeking individuals with leadership skills, creativity and dedication to their fellow Floridians and individuals who recognize the professional development opportunities and achievements possible through state service.
Florida boasts the third largest population in the country and is richly diverse in both population and landscape. With an award-winning park system, warm weather and beautiful bodies of water, Florida is the perfect environment for recreational activities and outdoor enthusiasts. Our favorable tax climate means your income goes further and our business-friendly policies foster private sector growth. Joining Florida’s talented, diverse workforce provides the opportunity to achieve your professional goals while living in a state that values quality of life, culture and recreation.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Designs, configures network devices, and implements changes to the network infrastructure. Enforces system standards. Monitors network performance and adjusts network equipment as necessary to provide optimum performance. Troubleshoots network problems and outages, schedules upgrades, and collaborates with network engineers for network optimization
- Performs advanced troubleshooting to determine cause of problem. Works with staff on issues outside their areas of responsibility as needed.
- Performs network backups and file restorations as required. Monitors backups ensuring the integrity of the data. Provides quality control reports of backup results.
- Performs network storage administration and provisioning, including support for the Storage Area Network (SAN). Plans for SAN growth, assesses and monitors SAN environment, creates Logical Unit Number (LUN) drives. Provisions and configures drive arrays and LUNs to manage security on the SAN and ensures only those with authorization can access specific LUNs.
- Performs Active Directory administration following current applicable standards and guidelines. Installs Active Directory Domain Services. Administers Active Directory by using administrative tools. Creates and manages user and service accounts. Creates and administers computer objects and accounts to join the domain. Implements and manages Group Policy infrastructure; troubleshoots policy application.
- Performs system administration and provisioning. Controls access and authorization (creating and assigning members to the appropriate role), sets up the distribution infrastructure, and installs and configures servers. Responds to system warnings, alerts, and errors, and diagnoses and resolves system problems. Plans for high availability configurations. Follows provisioning policies to grant access to the Department’s managed resources.
- Plans, organizes, manages and tracks projects. Develops the project plan and schedule. Supports and informs project stakeholders and team. Identifies and mitigates project risks and conflicts. Tracks project progress and goals achieved.
- Generates and maintains technical documentation as assigned. Creates network topology diagrams for network segments, the routers connecting the segments, servers, gateways and other major pieces of networking hardware. Documents server names, roles, and addresses. Documents changes such as application installations and modified security settings as required.
- Responds to security incidents as assigned. Captures additional event data and performs preliminary analysis to determine criticality. Escalates events if emergency response is determined necessary. Reviews and analyzes log data to determine nature and scope of incident. Uses virus, spyware, rootkit and other detection tools to determine necessary mitigation and repair. Documents all steps taken and subsequent resolutions.
- Monitors Service Desk queue and resolves support tickets as assigned. Documents work performed and resolution(s). Identify, analyze and resolve problems and issues through the use of troubleshooting tools and techniques as well as teamwork. Provides high level of customer service by providing status and information to the customer.
- Participates on statewide teams, both internal and external to the Office of Information Technology. Provide facts to facilitate the team’s decision making process and to achieve the team’s goals. Shares information and receives feedback from other Office of Information Technology staff as appropriate.
- Maintains current Disaster Recovery Plan. Conducts testing and development of disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions and backup systems as it relates to network functionality. Performs risk assessments and business impact analysis to identify the information technology services that support the Department’s critical business activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE OF THE MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER OPERATING SYSTEMS, INCLUDING PRINTING, FILE SYSTEMS, PROCESS MONITORING, SUPPORT TECHNIQUES AND DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS AND SOFTWARE; KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER SOFTWARE, HARDWARE, AND FIRMWARE RELATIVE TO SERVERS, PERSONAL COMPUTERS, LOCAL AREA NETWORK/WIDE AREA NETWORK ENVIRONMENTS; SKILLED AT INSTALLING AND PROVIDING TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS AND OPERATING SYSTEMS; ABILITY TO DESIGN, CONFIGURE, IMPLEMENT AND SUPPORT THE NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE; ABILITY TO PERFORM NETWORK STORAGE ADMINISTRATION AND PROVISIONING; SKILLED AT INSTALLING AND TESTING COMPUTER HARDWARE; ABILITY TO PERFORM NETWORK BACKUPS AND COORDINATE DISASTER RECOVERY EFFORTS; ABILITY TO PLAN, ORGANIZE, MANAGE AND TRACK PROJECTS AND PARTICIPATE ON TEAMS; ABILITY TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY; ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY BOTH VERBALLY AND IN WRITING; ABILITY TO RESEARCH INFORMATION; ABILITY TO MAKE QUICK DECISIONS, SOLVE PROBLEMS, REMAIN FLEXIBLE, AND KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE; ABILITY TO READ, UNDERSTAND, AND COMPLY WITH THE DEPARTMENT’S POLICIES, PROCEDURES, GUIDELINES, AND PRACTICES RELATING TO NETWORK AND SECURITY STANDARDS; BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF PHONE SYSTEMS; ABILITY TO DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION FOR SUPPORTED SYSTEMS; ABILITY TO PROVIDE EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor or Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field from an accredited college or university and 4 years of work experience in two or more of the following : the installation, maintenance and technical support of network hardware, hands on experience with layer 2 and layer 3 switches and supporting services: TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS. Experience supporting Storage Area Network (SAN) and fiber channel switches. Experience as a network administrator for MS Active Directory, Experience managing virtual servers such as Hyper-V or VMWare. Experience with Enterprise Backup software such as Veeam. OR A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and certification in Advanced Network Technologies such as MCSE/MCSA, CCNA/CCNP and 2 years hands on experience in two or more of the following areas: the installation, maintenance and technical support of network hardware such as layer 2 and layer 3 switches and supporting TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS. Experience supporting Storage Area Network (SAN) and fiber channel switches. Experience as a network administrator for MS Active Directory, Experience managing virtual servers such as Hyper-V or VMWare. Experience with Enterprise Backup software such as Veeam. OR 7 or more years work experience in two or more of the following areas: The installation, maintenance and technical support of network hardware, hands on experience with layer 2 and layer 3 switches and supporting TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS. Experience supporting Storage Area Network (SAN) and fiber channel switches. Experience as a network administrator for MS Active Directory, Experience managing virtual servers such as Hyper-V or VMWare. Experience with Enterprise Backup software such as Veeam.