Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps – the country’s biggest television rep firm – Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms.
The Director of Sales “DOS” is responsible for managing the sales strategies of a multiple media portfolio. Leading a team of sales managers and account executives, the DOS will develop the skills of personnel in the department, assist with individualized development plans, and create a culture of cross-station and cross-product selling including radio, digital and NTR events. The DOS will develop strategies with a sharp customer focus and consistently deliver on revenue expectations. Responsible for the attainment of the revenue goals and must display entrepreneurial skills in creating new revenue opportunities. The DOS is also responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic plan to guide the sales departments to successfully attain revenue goals. Performs related work as required.
- Reporting to the Director of Sales are all sales managers. Additional reporting may include: account managers and support personnel.
- The DOS will be responsible for the development of cross-product sales strategies to reach expected revenue levels. Using creativity, business basics and customer knowledge, the DOS will lead a team to develop customized solutions for new and existing customers.
- Maximizes revenue from all revenue categories including local, national, NTR events and digital.
- The DOS will oversee the digital sales efforts for the Sales Department with the GSM’s, Integrated Sales Manager and Digital Sales Manager, using an integrated sales strategy. Training and expectations will be developed by the DOS and Sales Managers and executed via the account managers and digital support team..
- As part of managing overall performance, the DOS will provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, including revenue projections, end of month performance summary by category, sales executive and strategy. Will also participate in annual budgeting and analysis.
- Oversee sales managers optimization of inventory management for revenue maximization of spot time sales and sets product and program rates/packaging accordingly.
- Facilitates positive and productive relationships with other Cox Media Group departments.
- Acts as liaison between CMG sales and the cluster’s Director of Operations and other departments.
- Accurately budgets and forecasts revenue goals by source.
- Trains, develops, and motivates sales managers to optimize revenue potential across all revenue streams.
- Communicates inventory, sales and packaging strategies to sales managers.
- Creates and develops new revenue streams as product and service opportunities present themselves.
- Develops and implements sales processes to provide for smooth and timely workflow. throughout the sales process including traffic, production, promotions, digital, accounting and programming.
- Identifies and eliminates barriers to the sales process between account manager and client.
- Ensures sales tools are utilized to maximum advantage in the marketplace for positioning and sales cultivation.
- May perform other related duties as required.
- Responsible for CMG Miami’s client facing sales collateral and templates
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years media sales management experience – preferably in broadcast or radio sales in a major market.
- Minimum of five (5) years media sales experience.
- Strong verbal, writing, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- Strong recruitment and experience building a sales team.
- Creative and flexible with a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of Excel, Windows and media software such as WideOrbit, CMG business reports, Media Monitors and Miller Kaplan X-ray.
- Willingness and ability to join organizations to enhance the image and recognition of Cox Media Group in the marketplace.
- Experience in driving regional and national business.
- Proven track record of leading a team to consistently achieve revenue goals.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education will be considered.
- Aligning and Executing Sales Strategy: Establishing a plan to achieve the unit’s objectives, taking into consideration the overall business and sales goals, market opportunities, past sales results, and available resources; reviewing progress and adjusting the plan as needed.
- Driving Sales Execution: Vividly communicating a new sales approach or strategy in a way that helps others realize its value; encouraging others to share ideas to maximize the benefits of the change; addressing concerns constructively and using appropriate strategies to gain commitment to action.
- Building the Sales Team: Attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals; evaluating key strengths and development needs for the team and providing learning opportunities that enable associates to realize their potential.
- Customer Focus (Internal and External): Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Gaining Commitment: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
- Innovation and Risk-Taking: Generating innovative solutions in work situations, trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
- Building Partnerships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Project Management: Monitoring the results of delegations, assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
- Formal Presentation: Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
Primary Location: 2741 N 29th Ave, Hollywood,FL US
Division: Cox Media Group
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Cox Enterprises is a story about entrepreneurship, diversification, and not being afraid to try new things and compete. It’s also a story of staying true to values that have been around for more than a century. With revenues of $18 billion and approximately 60,000 employees, we are a leading communications, media, and automotive services company.
The IT Manager is responsible for setting up, installing, documenting, maintaining and monitoring our; business and broadcast networks (LAN, WIFI and WAN), desktop computers, laptops, broadcast system computers and all hardware, software and licenses. This person is responsible for diagnosing and resolving computer and network problems, then if appropriate, referring complex problems to our corporate IT department and acting as a solutions assistant.
The IT Manager will perform a wide variety of duties, including but not limited to, installation, maintenance, and training to ensure our computers and networks operate and perform to company and user satisfaction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports, manage, and ensure operating capability of both the LAN, WAN, VPN and wireless network of a 24/7 broadcast facility operation. 100% uptime is paramount.
- Work with vendors and other third-party entities required to operate our IT networks and telecommunications systems.
- Document, maintain and develop procedures for backups and restores, as well as monitor the performance, success or failures of these tasks. Taking corrective action when necessary.
- Regularly test business continuity plans and develop protocol as required for compliance.
- Work closely with the local Engineering staff, Corporate Enterprise IT and the Customer Support services departments. Including application development, network and security teams to develop and implement scalable, maintainable, consistent, highly available server and storage strategies that meet business objectives and set relevant service-levels.
- Ensure hardware, software, and network upgrades, installs, re-installs, changes and relocation’s are handled efficiently and completed as required.
- Install, configure, and maintain user laptops, Windows PCs, radio automation systems broadcast programming and scheduling software. As well as file servers and network infrastructure.
- Respond to unplanned events that adversely affect the servers, desktops, and the business and broadcast network computing environments.
- Manage users and maintain/develop a secure and efficient network operating environment per local and corporate priorities.
- Respond professionally and with urgency to team members’ problems and provide solutions with a goal of enabling them to operate efficiently and complete their assigned tasks.
- Must have a complete understanding of the Broadcast environment.
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or A.S. Computer Science and equivalent certifications, training and experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Broadcast or Media Production facility
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience plus with a 7 years of IT management experience plus,
- Minimum 5 years’ SAN and NAS hardware i.e. Q-Nap, NetApp (preferred), etc.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in computer systems support environment including mid-range, and/or desktop hardware and software, and connectivity between all environments.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with a combination of Wide Orbit Audio for Radio, Audio Vault or equivalent radio automation systems, Scheduling software such as Music Master or RCS Selector, Nexus, Promo Suite, VCreative, etc. found in a broadcast environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time and personnel management, as well as a mastery of written and verbal communications skills.
- Understanding of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, IBM Bigfix, VMWare, Stratus Avance, Wireshark, and/or similar support programs.
- Experience administering Microsoft SQL Server and SharePoint Server a Plus
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Layer 3 switch management (Cisco, Aruba)
- Familiarity with VLan, Subnets, complex IP schemes.
- Windows Server 2016, 2012
- Terminal Servers
- Office 365 and Cloud services.
- Microsoft System Center Endpoint.
- BigFix, N-Able, other RMM tools
- WideOrbit for Radio automation system.
- Music Master scheduling
- Familiarity with audio streaming and remote broadcast back-haul services a plus.
Primary Location: 2741 N 29th Ave, Hollywood,FL US
Division: Cox Media Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
The Four Seasons Hotel Miami is searching for a Director of Information Technology.
The position will be responsible for;
- Responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of all computer systems, data and voice communications activities at property.
- Support Area Director in Forecasting technology requirements and upgrades to existing technology to improve effectiveness of installed systems.
- Execute hotel and corporate systems strategies.
- Maintain harmonious and professional relationship with all departments and Home Office.
- Comply with and enforce Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to relate to all levels of management.
- Must be able to assist hotel guests with technical requirements and issues.
- Actively participate in monthly Area Director of Hotel Technology Services conference calls and share ideas and best practices.
- Experience in Project Management, hospitality applications, PMS, HSIA, POS, is preferred.
- Ensure critical systems, specifically Front Office Property Management System, Call Accounting, HSIA, PABX and Food & Beverage Point of Sales computer systems are available twenty-four (24) hours per day.
- Establish and maintain user procedures and hardware familiarization for all systems.
- Establish and maintain system security procedures consistent with control requirements and corporate policy.
- Maintain accurate records of system files; software and hardware issues and service requirements.
- Maintain effective support for end user support process, other systems, including back office, sales & catering and human resources applications or any other property application.
- Knowledge of specific hospitality industry applications and interfaces (i.e. Opera, Delphi, Back Office, Spa, HR systems, etc) is desirable.
- Responsible for network support & security of Hotel network, Active Directory maintenance, Server Infrastructure maintenance, Network Infrastructure maintenance – wired & wireless,
- Must be able to provide high levels of service and support to administrative users.
- Manage one or more subordinates in their day to day functions and career growth.
- Five years of experience in hotel IT.
- Minimum two years of experience as Hotel Director of IT preferred
- Project Management and knowledge of hospitality applications such as PMS, HSIA, POS are assets.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Location: Miami, FL
Four Seasons Hotel and Residences at The Surf Club is seeking an Assistant Director of Finance. ‘Seas’ the day and become part of a Four Seasons hotel that has a future even more legendary than its past!
Join Our Team
The Assistant Director of Finance works closely alongside the Director of Finance, overseeing the day to day operation of the Finance Department and maintaining the general ledger and balance sheet reconciliations. Together with the Director, the Assistant Director of Finance is responsible for safeguarding the hotel assets and financial resources contributing towards maximizing hotel profitability. Provides timely and accurate financial information and ensures that the hotel operates within all related local and corporate policies and procedures and under the terms of the management agreement and any other applicable agreements (e.g. loan agreements). Is also responsible for the development of Finance staff to aid the future growth of the company.
We are looking for individuals who are analytical, have solid business acumen, good communication skills and strong leadership skills.
Applicants are required to have two to five years experience of Finance Management. A Finance or Hospitality Management Degree qualification is preferred, however, not essential with previous relevant experience.
About The Surf Club
The Sunshine State of Florida is now home to the fourth Four Seasons with the captivating Four Seasons style revival of the legendary Surf Club, a 1930s landmark that once played host to both Hollywood and royalty. It is the latest addition to our brand’s portfolio of historically significant hotels.
About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons has been on FORTUNE magazine’s ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ every year since 1998… Come and find out why! With over 99 hotels in 38 countries, Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
What to Expect
- Competitive Salary & Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Complimentary Parking
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Complimentary Accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary Dry Cleaning for Employee Uniforms
- Complimentary Employee Meals… and so much more!
Candidates must have valid work authorization for the U.S.
Location: Miami Beach, FL